- Category: #codeinnova project
- Published: Thursday, 23 July 2020 19:19
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 88
At European level there exist noticeable discrepancies in teaching programming – in Finland, Croatia, Poland and Portugal teaching programming at primary school is a basic element of core curriculum for general education. Nevertheless, while in some countries programming in primary schools is based on advanced and complex schemes, in others it is still only a topic for debates concerning education. The main objective of the Erasmus+ CodeInnova project, to be achieved during 2 years of the project implementation, is to create a coherent system of teaching programming at primary school together with necessary teaching resources that will be uniform for all project participating countries.
Specific objectives to be achieved during 2 years of the project implementation:
- creation of a coherent core curriculum for teaching programming at primary school,
- designing and testing 50 model lesson plans to teach programming at primary school,
- designing, testing and sharing 2 textbooks for teaching programming at grades 1-4 and 5-8 (9 where applicable) of primary school,
- designing, testing and making available the Internet platform that will support teaching programming at primary school.